วันเสาร์ที่ 25 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2558

Learning Reflection (16th)

Learning Reflection in A Discourse Approach in Reading.


1. What did you learn in this course?
In this course, I learned A Discourse Approach in Reading subject about 10 Unit. Each unit there are the content and the difficulty to different.



Unit 1: Recount
A recount is the unfolding of a sequence of events over time.
Purpose to tell what happened.
Unit 2: Narrative
A narrative (or story) is any report of connected events, actual or imaginary, presented in a sequence of written or spoken words. Purpose of narrative is to entertain, i.e. to gain and hold the reader’s interest in a story.
Unit 3: Description
Description is a text which says what a person, a thing or a place is like.

Purpose is to describe and reveal a particular person, place, or thing.
Unit 4: Procedure
Procedure or instruction (How something is done).

Purpose is to tell the reader how to do or make something.
Unit 5: Comparison and contrast
Comparison and Contrast pattern presents similarities (comparisons) between two or more thing, differences (contrasts) between two or more thing, or both similarities and differences. Purpose: Authors use it when they want to explain or describe how two or more things are alike or different.
Unit 6: Cause/Effect
Cause/Effect is used to show how the facts or concept result due to other facts, events or concepts. Purpose: The purpose of the cause-and-effect essay is to determine how various phenomena relate in terms of origins and results. Sometimes the connection between cause and effect is clear, but often determining the exact relationship between the two is very difficult.
Unit 7: Definition
A definition is statement which explains what a thing is. It is a statement that answers the question “What is this thing?”.
Unit 8: Classification
Classification may refer to categorization, the process in which idea and objects are recognized, differentiated, and understood.
Unit 9: Exemplification
Exemplification is the use of examples to illustrate an idea, an opinion, or a generalization. Purpose of adding more information to explain.
Unit 10: Problem and Solution
Problem and Solution is a pattern of organization where information in a passage is expressed as a dilemma or concerning issue (a problem) and something that was, can be, or should be done to remedy this issue (solution or attempted solution).

2. What did you find easy?
- I like to learned in unit 4 Procedure. This unit is very easy and fun for me. It made me relax and easy to understand. I can do the exercise. I like this unit because I can show how to make something. (I like to cook, see the video and read about how to cook) 

3. What did you find difficult?
- I think unit 9 Exemplification and unit 10 Problem and Solution is very difficult for me because it has a many difficult words. I can't find a discourse marker and I don't know meaning of the word. I can't do the exercise.

4. How did you solve the problem?
- I solve my problem by read the content more when I have a free time. Then, I will do homework and practice on exercises myself.

5. What are your attitudes toward the course?
- Sometimes this class made me fun, if I can do exercise or homework I feel happy and fun to learn. I like to learn this course because my teacher is kind and relax. She is the good teacher for me. When she teach in the class room, she like us answers the questions because the answers helps us improve the our skill. This class is in my memory. But sometimes I feel bad because the content is very difficult for me. I can't do the exercise and test. My point in midterm test very bad but I will try to improve myself and read a lot of book.




ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น